ExamDiff Pro Basic Tutorial #6
How to generate an HTML diff report
Tutorial Description: This tutorial describes how to generate an HTML diff report in ExamDiff Pro.
- Compare two files in ExamDiff Pro.
- To view the HTML Diff Report, go to Files | View HTML Diff Report . This will
generate a temporary diff report, send it to your browser, and then delete the
file when you are done.
- When you are done viewing the diff report, close your browser. Now if you want to
save the diff report for future use, go to Files | Save HTML Diff Report...
(or press Ctrl
- M) and select the location you want to save the HTML diff report to in the dialog
that pops up.
- Finally, let's look at the options for HTML diff reports. Go to View | Options |
HTML. The first set of options let you change the HTML template files, but unless
you are a skilled HTML programmer you should probably leave these alone.
used, but if the HTML diff reports do not display properly in your browser, you can
- Note that the two synchronized scroll-bars are now replaced by a single scroll bar on
the right side of the window.
One final note: diff reports can be generated for directories and binary files in exactly the same way: