ExamDiff Pro Basic Tutorial #1
How to compare files
Tutorial Description: This tutorial describes various methods for comparing files.
- Open ExamDiff Pro and select the Files option in the Compare dialog.
- The first way you can choose the files you want to compare is by typing the file paths
into the two text boxes. Note that these text boxes use AutoComplete - as you type a file
path the program will attempt to complete it.
- Another way to select the files is by clicking on the a drop-down arrow. The drop-down
boxes remember the last 20 files you compared by default, and this number can be changed in
Options | Misc.
- A third way to specify the files is by clicking on the Browse buttons
closest to the text boxes), and then browsing for the files you want.
- Yet another way to choose the files is through drag-and-drop. Select a file or files from
anywhere outside of ExamDiff (preferably from Windows Explorer or some other file management
program) and drag them onto the Compare dialog box.
- Finally, after you have chosen the files to compare, click on the Compare button, and
the files will be compared.
Note: One more way to choose the files you wish to compare is through Shell extensions. This will be covered in a later tutorial.