Key features of FtpVC include:
- Does not require a version control server - uses standard FTP protocol.
- Allows you to get, check out, check in, undo check out, and label files.
- Maintains file revision history.
- Allows users to set watch for a specific file (so that email notifications are sent on version control events).
- Shows differences between different file versions.
- Supports SMTP servers with authentication.
- Support multiple version control projects.
- Provides recursive file management.
- Allows compression and encryption of remote files.
- Includes standard FTP client features (put, delete, rename files and directories, create directories).